Signage is regulated by sections 154.470 through 154.486 of the City’s Codified Ordinances. The following link will take you to the opening section of the sign regulations: Sign Regulations. For detailed information regarding the sign regulations, please use this link.
The remainder of this page provides quick answers to commonly asked questions.
Design Review Required
As noted in Section 154.482, permanent signs for commercial, industrial, institutional and multifamily residential projects require design review and approval by the Architectural Design Committee (ADC) before a zoning certificate will be issued and the sign can be installed. The following sections summarized the submission requirements for ADC review. Submission requirements are noted below.
For a project to be placed on the ADC’s meeting schedule, applicants shall submit the following:
- One (1) completed Application for PC-ADC Review
- Four (4) copies of scaled drawings of the proposed signage and site plans/building elevations showing the proposed location of the signage. For more information, see:
The Architectural Design Committee meets on the second and fourth Monday’s of each month at 4:30 p.m. at:
City Council Chambers, 1st Floor
120 Maple Street
The submission deadline is at 4:30 p.m. on the Friday that is 17 days prior to the meeting date. Meeting dates and submission deadlines are noted on the current year’s meeting schedule.
Permanent Signage Allowances
Total signage allocations are per property (not per use or per tenant) and vary depending on the zoning district in which the property is located and can be found in the zoning district tables in Section 154.486. These tables can be accessed directly via the links below:
- Table A - Residential District Signs
- Table B - Central Business District Signs
- Table C - C1 & C5 Commercial District Signs
- Table D - C3 & C4 Commercial District Signs
- Table E - Industrial District Signs
Prior to installing signs approved by the Architectural Design Committee, applicants must obtain a zoning certificate from the city. Building and electrical permits, if required, must be obtained from the Medina County Building Department. Use the following links for copies of the zoning certificate and application (both the application and certificate are required). View Development & Zoning Permit Application (PDF).
For more information about commercial building and electric permits, please contact the Medina County Building Department or view Medina County Building Department.
Fees to be paid at the time of pickup of the approved zoning permit:
50 sq. ft. or Less: $50.00
51-200 sq. ft.: $100.00
Greater than 200 sq. ft.: $150.00 + .10/sq. ft.
● Please submit the application(s) and site plans by email, place them in the drop box outside of the Planning Dept Office on the second floor of City Hall, or email them.
● Payments may accompany the applications if dropped off or mailed, or be made after permit approval with a credit card by phone.
● Receipts and permits will then be returned by placing them in the drop box, or by email if possible.
firstname.lastname@example.org - 330-335-2752.
Checks payable to:
City of Wadsworth, 120 Maple Street, Wadsworth, OH 44281
Allocations for temporary signage also vary by zoning district. Tables for temporary signage can be found below:
SUPPLEMENTARY REGULATIONS & PROHIBITED SIGNS
The following sections of the zoning code highlight supplementary regulations that apply to all signage (both temporary and permanent) as well as identified specific types of signage that are prohibited in the City of Wadsworth.