- Soprema Senior Center
- Senior & Caregiver Expo
Senior & Caregiver Expo
The 2022 Senior & Caregiver Expo was a huge success!!!
Thank you for making our first Expo back in three years such a HUGE success! This was the biggest attended event in the Soprema Senior Center's history! The feedback from senior guests has been outstanding and so many commented on how important the information they received from all of our 89 vendors was to them.
Ready to see some Expo event pictures?! The Wadsworth Older Adults Foundation posted some great ones. You can check out the Wadsworth Older Adults Foundation Facebook page by clicking here:
Be sure to "LIKE" and "FOLLOW" their page for updates, events, etc. (Don't forget to scroll back to October 28, where you will find even MORE event pictures!)
Here are some cool stats from this year's 2022 Expo event:
- We planned for 400 senior guests. However, by the end of just the first hour, 364 welcome packs were given out! By the end of the event, our check in volunteers had handed out almost 500 SUMMA bags (and not everyone took one!).
- There were 292 seniors who completed the door prize surveys and while the majority were from Wadsworth, there were 23 towns represented.
- We had 86 different vendor booths set up, each offering valuable information for seniors and family caregivers - THANK YOU!
- The Medina County Health Department administered 78 of the new COVID vaccines at the event.
- Over 30 seniors took advantage of visiting the OSHIIP room for medicare check up information.
- Over 36 senior caregivers registered in our Caregiver VIP Room.
- 135 guests enjoyed a grilled lunch at the pavilion or in the Cafe from Vuj's Hot Dog cart on this beautiful day!
A HUGE thanks to over 50 volunteers and the Wadsworth Older Adults Foundation for helping make this event happen and also to the caregiver grant from the Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging.