The most common mistakes when completing a city income tax return are:
- Use the largest wage figure shown on the W-2
- Accurately report local tax withheld
- Report income as required from Federal schedules C, E, F, etc., and/or attach the Federal extension if applicable
- Deduct business or rental loss carryovers from prior years
- Deduct unreimbursed employee business expenses if applicable (no longer deductible beginning in tax year 2018)
- Pay estimated taxes
- File a return for the year you move into or out of the City
- Pro-rate income for a partial year residency
- Include payment
- E-file or mail the completed return!
If reading this list raises a question for you, please contact the City Income Tax Office at 330.335.2745 or via email: LMiller@wadsworthcity.org.