Yard Waste Guidelines
Grass clippings, plants, other yard waste, and brush cannot be mixed with regular trash and refuse. The City of Wadsworth is now picking up yard waste for our customers. Please adhere to the following guidelines.
- All yard waste must be placed at the street by 11:30 p.m. on the night before pickup.
- All yard waste must be placed in bags or containers with a maximum capacity of 30 gallons and 50 pounds.
- Any bags or containers of yard waste that contains dirt, sod, or root balls will not be picked up.
- Any container having trash mixed with yard waste will not be picked up.
- Brush tied in bundles no longer than 4 feet and no bigger than 2 feet in diameter will also be picked up free of charge.
- Each container must have a yard waste sticker on it.
- The Street Department Curbside Leaf Pickup is a separate program.
- Yard waste will not be accepted at the transfer station.
- Do not put smaller bags of yard waste in a larger bag or can.
April to November Pick Up
Pickup is the day of your normal trash pick up. Residents with large amounts of brush and yard waste may haul it directly to the Medina County Compost Facility located on Lake Road in Westfield Township.
December to March Pick Up
Pickup is the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Customers must call the transfer station at 330-335-2847 at least 24 hours in advance to request pick up. All Yard Waste must be placed on the street by 11:30 p.m. on the night before pickup.