What can I do if I am not able to make it to court on time?

If you are scheduled for a Court appearance and you are legitimately and unavoidably detained (for example, if you are a truck driver and you are out of state), file a written request for a continuance with the Clerk's office. File the request before your court date. You may fax this request to the Court at 330-335-2723.

Your request will be reviewed and ruled upon by the Judge. If your request is granted, you will be notified of your next Court appearance by mail. Make sure the Court has a proper phone number and mailing address.

Show All Answers

1. What do I do with my Distracted Driver Ticket?
2. How can I check my driving record?
3. What are the court costs and deposits?
4. Do we accept filings by fax?
5. What can I do if I am not able to make it to court on time?
6. What happens if I don't show up for court?
7. What do I do if I cannot make a court appearance?
8. Why are court costs charged if I pay a waiver and no court appearance is necessary?
9. Why am I called for jury duty in the Wadsworth Municipal Court if I do not live in the city of Wadsworth?
10. What do I do with my children when I come to Court or when I come for jury service?
11. How does home arrest work?
12. What is the cost of home arrest?
13. What are the different types of bond and when can I get my money back?